It took us several days aboard this American LST (Landing Ship, Tank) to reach Taranto Port (on the heel) of Italy. We slept in our ambulances and ate good old U.S. Navy food. It was a smooth and uneventful crossing. Location: Port of Tripoli, North Africa, At Night.
- License: Courtesy of the Archives of the American Field Service and AFS Intercultural Programs (AFS Archives.) Click on the link above for information regarding the rights and reproduction policies of this specific item.
- Creation Date: 1943 October 4
- Creator: Cobb, John Candler, II, 1919-
- When: WWII
- Category of People: WWII Driver
- Subject: Italy, October 1943-January 1944