- License: The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright restrictions for this item.
- Creator: Andrew, Abram Piatt, 1873-1936
- Status: In Collection
- When: WWI
- Where: France, USA, Western Front, Balkans
- Category of People: WWI Driver
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Place of Publication: Boston
- Publication Year: 1916
- Number of Pages: 348
- Subject: AFS Organizational HistoryWorld War 1914-1918
- Edition: Large-paper Edition
The Field Service of the American Ambulance described by its members
An account of the American Field Service from its conception in 1914 up to the beginning of 1916. The stories of the work of the various sections are told by the volunteers themselves in articles, letters, and diaries. The first formal history of the work of the American Field Service.
'Books by Field Service Men', The History of the American Field Service in France, "Friends of France", 1914-1917, Vol. III, p. 552.